Aguilas – February 21 2018
AGUILAS – “Railway & Seafaring Town”
Wednesday 21st February – €32
Aguilas (Eagles in English) is a beautiful Murcian resort spread across two stunning bays. It has a great connection with the British who built the railway and the docking facilities and founded the local football team, Águilas CF, one of the oldest teams in Spain.
Highlights of our visit:
1. Embarcadero el Hornillo. Built in 1903 El Hornillo is one of only five British Mineral Piers remaining in Spain it was the end of the line for the minerals mined in our valley.
2. Rincón del Hornillo. A beautiful, mosaic staircase.
3. Railway museum (entrance included).
4. San Juan de Las Águilas (entrance included). 18th century castle, although its origins go back to the Carthaginian period.
5. And of course Lunch is included.
Albox (Dia) 09:00, Arboleas (Coviran) 09:05,
La Alfoquia(Bar La Unión) 09:10 Hostal Overa 09:15