- Price per person sharing a double/twin room.
- The starting price is 560€ based on 40 people travelling and, as always, if we get a full coach the price will reduce to approx 500€. Unfortunately the single supplement is 217€.
- We would like to remind you that members take priority over non-members for the first two weeks, after which time the trip will be open to non-members.
Day 1: Today we pick up at the usual points in the Almanzora Valley and make our way north west towards Portugal. We overnight in the pretty town of Plasencia. Hotel in Plasencia.
- Day 2: This morning we make our way across the border into Portugal. We arrive in Oporto after lunch and check into our hotel. After some time to freshen up, our coach will take us into the centre of the city for a short orientation walk and free time for dinner.
- Day 3: This morning we go into the centre of beautiful Porto where an official guide will tell us all about this historic city: its buildings, the stunning Sao Bento train station with its spectacular ceramic etc. After some free time for lunch we regather to visit what brought wealth to Porto: one of the wineries, or lodges, as they are called here. The wine produced on the steep banks of the Douro Valley was stored here prior to being exported all over the world. There will be some further free time in the evening to enjoy dinner at one of the restaurants that line the River Douro.
- Day 4: This morning we get to see the city from a totally different angle: we will be taking a tour with explanations along the Douro, heading out towards the Atlantic and viewing all the bridges that span the gorge and connect Porto to Vilanova de Gaia. Enjoy your last free afternoon in Porto where there are many possibilities: the world famous Livreria Lello, which
inspired JK Rowling; enjoy coffee and cakes at turn-of-the-century Cafeteria Majestic etc. Free time for dinner in the centre of Porto.
- Day 5: After enough time for a leisurely breakfast, we check out of our hotel and make our way back to Spain. We will reach the pretty town of Zafra in the afternoon, where we have a special treat: a night in its spectacular Parador, housed in a 15th century fortified palace. Zafra also has a nice atmosphere to it and there are plenty of local bars and restaurants to have dinner.
- Day 6: On our last day, we enjoy a nice breakfast followed by a guided tour of our Parador! This unique building has a lot of history to it including conquistador Hernán Cortés as one of its illustrious guests. Once finished we start to make our way back to Albox with comfort stops along the way.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Payment policy: All payments are non-refundable.
- 30% deposit 100 days prior to departure.
- 30% payment 65 days prior to departure.
- Balance 30 days prior to departure.
- The deposit payments will be made based on the reservations.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Hotel Exe Alfonso VIII 4* – 1 night on BB in Plasencia.
- Hotel Star Inn Porto 3* – 3 nights on BB in Porto.
- Parador Nacional de Zafra 4* – 1 night on BB in Zafra.
- Orientation walk with the tour manager in Porto.
- Official guided tour on foot in the historic quarter of Porto.
- Earpieces for the official guided tour.
- Guided tour including a tasting of 2 wines at a Port Wine Lodge in Vila Nova de Gaia.
- Boat trip along the Douro River.
- Guided tour of the Parador Nacional de Zafra.
- Tour manager for the duration.
- All transportation needed as per itinerary.