Message from the President – June 2019
Summer is here at last after some mixed Spring weather.
If you are expecting visitors with children over the holidays, here is a reminder of some of the places you can visit:
- Local public swimming pools – Albox, Taberno, Alfoquia, Arboleas, etc.
- Club de Tenis, Albox
- Los Amigos bowling (reduced rates for children)
- Ball Pit for children, near Los Amigos bowling
- The park in Huercal Overa has animals and a cafe
- Vera water park (most free papers and magazines have a discount voucher)
- Balsa de Cela, natural spring water swimming pool (signed from N334 Tijola)
- Wild West in Tabernas at Fort Bravo or Mini Hollywood
- Crazy golf on Mojacar playa
- We do have a selection of books for children and young adults in the library for loan and for sale so that’s another reason to pop in and have a look.
In August we are planning to celebrate the anniversary of our move to the premises in Plaza San Antonio. This will be in the cooler evening time. More details will be in the July magazine.
September brings the planned trip to Valencia At the time of writing (mid May) this has not attracted sufficient interest to run, but hopefully there will be a sudden rush to book during May and June.
Finally, please note that we have in the centre a list of translators for doctor or hospital visits, all of whom have been recommended by our members.