€230 (A single supplement will apply)
The town of Salobreña in the province of Granada lies at the foot of a Hispano-Muslim castle on the so-called Costa Tropical on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea.
Salobreña’s wonderful location has given it excellent beaches, where many tourist complexes are set. Its varied range of hotels and leisure is completed by an interesting historic quarter with whitewashed façades arranged around its Arab castle.
Salobrena has witnessed 6000 years of human history, thanks to its privileged position and benign climate. Its Moorish castle was built in the 10th century, and its Mudejar 16th century church, Iglesia de Nuestra Señora del Rosario is built on top of the old mosque. Roman remains turn up everywhere.
The price includes
- 3 nights accommodation on HB Hotel Best Western Salobrena
- All drinks included from 11 am to 11 pm (house wine and beer, and local spirits)
- Transfer from Albox to Hotel Salobreña
- Excursion to Salobreña town and castle, then to Motril for rum distillery visit
- Tickets for the Salobreña castle visit.
- “Tapas” at Bar Pesetas and Bar Goya in Salobreña.
- Full day excursion to Las Alpujarras.
- Visit and taste at Jamones Juan including wine and “tapas” including wine at Hotel Finca los Llanos in Capileira.
- Transfer from Salobreña to Albox, stopping at Almuñecar’s weekly market and Torrox for lunch.
- Traditional Andalusian Lunch in Cortijo de Maria at Torrox including wine.
- English speaking tour manager for the duration.
- All transportation needed as per itinerary.
- 18th Sept. Transfer from Albox to Hotel Salobreña.
- 19th Sept. Full day excursion to Salobreña, visiting the castle in the morning and having lunch in a couple of typical tapas bars. Continue to Motril to visit the Ron Montero distillery and to taste the fragrant and sweet liquor. Return to the hotel.
- 20th Sept. Full day excursion to Las Alpujarras including a visit in a ham cellar with a taste and wine. “Tapas” lunch including wine in a typical Andalucian hotel at the nice white village of Capileira.
- 21st Sept. Check out from the hotel and transfer to Albox, stopping at Almuñecar to visit the market and continuing to Torrox for a typical Andalusian Housewives lunch including wine.